Because copypasta is easier than actual writing.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Convo with Kiwi (10 PM)

(9:46:10 PM) tehscrumpy: hoopyde doo
(9:46:21 PM) kiwious: HAYOOOO
(9:47:24 PM) kiwious: i can skype, and also see my cat
(9:47:39 PM) tehscrumpy: schwing
(9:48:41 PM) kiwious: i can see my dad trying to make he say something by poking it with the microphone, the wonders of technology
(9:49:46 PM) tehscrumpy: we use skype to play DnD
(9:50:11 PM) tehscrumpy: . .. a game which my character was so utterly useless I managed to get up and leave the room then read about patrick bateman having sex with 2 hookers
(10:13:07 PM) kiwious: lol so why'd your character end up being so useless?
(10:19:24 PM) tehscrumpy: cause the dungeon crawl ended up being one big long corridor filled with heavy rusty locked doors
(10:19:57 PM) tehscrumpy: and there were 3 people in the party: cleric with the most strength, a rogue who claimed he was a bard, and a wizard
(10:20:00 PM) tehscrumpy: guess which one I was
(10:20:19 PM) kiwious: was you the lizard?
(10:23:26 PM) kiwious: I'd figure that the rogue and cleric would work on the doors (pick and smash) although the wizard might be able to spam knock
(10:28:16 PM) tehscrumpy: yeah but then there were times when I would actually do something useful
(10:28:27 PM) tehscrumpy: and it would go ignored
(10:28:43 PM) tehscrumpy: and that was all the dungeon crawl was. . . building atmostphere and lock picking
(10:29:12 PM) kiwious: did it lead up to something interesting or is that for next time?
(10:29:18 PM) tehscrumpy: it did
(10:29:19 PM) tehscrumpy: ish
(10:29:28 PM) tehscrumpy: but by then I was so put out that it wasn't all that fun anymore
(10:29:38 PM) tehscrumpy: so it was kind of like . .. okay whatevs guys
(10:30:49 PM) kiwious: eh i can see that happening. not much fun roleplaying when you're role is to be sitting in the background
(10:31:21 PM) tehscrumpy: yeah, but then I would try to do things like 'I look out behind me, is anything happening?' and go ignored
(10:32:31 PM) kiwious: ah well either that was a tacit 'no' or that didnt fit with the DM's "vision". But that sorta thing happens every once in a while i guess
(10:35:20 PM) kiwious: So did DnD cut into your big daddy time?
(10:35:50 PM) tehscrumpy: naw
(10:35:55 PM) tehscrumpy: I was making 'eyes' the whole time
(10:37:07 PM) kiwious: ah skilled multitasker
(10:41:20 PM) tehscrumpy: yeah. . . between doin nottin and doing stuff
(10:42:34 PM) kiwious: eh, its a certain sort of multitasking. prolly more productive than my weekend, but i spent enough time doing stuff during the week


RANDOM SUBJECT CHANGE
(3/29/2010 12:33:53 AM) tehscrumpy: new moon is really bad
(12:34:24 AM) kiwious: well yeah, its twilight so it would follow that new moon is bad as well
(12:34:39 AM) tehscrumpy: they rifftraxed it
(12:35:17 AM) kiwious: ah, so then does it become good because of that or can they not even save it?
(12:37:35 AM) tehscrumpy: its still bad
(12:37:40 AM) tehscrumpy: but its watchable now
(12:46:46 AM) kiwious: I do like the idea that the only way that you'd actually willfully watch something is with rifftrax. It makes this bizzarre market where the product isn't desired whatsoever by the audience that is using it, yet they still continue to do so because of an ancillary product made by a completely different entity

No comments:

Post a Comment